Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Cup Melted?



Ok, you be the judge. I poured some fragrance oil into a cup to use in some experimental candles. This is the same fragrance oil that is used to scent body care products such as Bath & Body Works, Body Shop, Baby Magic, Victoria's Secret, Burt's Bees, Johnson's & Johnson's, etc.; the same body care we put on our skin (and our babies skin) everyday, several times a day. Anyway, I sat the cup aside and came back a couple hours later. This is what I found. A melted, gooey mess on my white, outdated counter top. The fragrance oils ate through the plastic!! It made me wonder what fragrance oils do to our skin over years and years of use? Hmmmm.............One of the many reasons SAKILÉ uses essential oils, attars, and absolutes. Not fragrance oils.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok so I was in The Body Shop today and I GOT IT for the first time when I saw the fragance oils being burned and sold separately...and I thought "these are air freshners these folks are adding to our BODY Products!!!!!"...now I get why naturalists are so tough on those who use fragrance oils...duh!!! Ok so I'm Officially convinced and then I came home and checked out your blog...all I can say is CONFIRMATION